About Me

My photo
Being a celebrity means having the advantage. That advantage is being known by those who do not know you. I strive for this every single day.

Friday, July 30, 2010

The end of an era

Well here we are b's and g's, the time is here. The time that there are officially no residents in 1532. For those of you who haven't been keeping up on my twitter(@maddmck...follow me), 1532 is the apartment that my best friend Amanda (@akhorn) have been living in for the past 2 years and that @hfwood got to experience living in this summer. We moved in almost exactly 24 months ago and tonight is my very last night. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it.

As I've been packing up my things and cleaning everything out, I've had a lot of time to think. It seems like yesterday that we were hauling everything up the 3 flights of stairs and going to wal mart twice a day and here we are all moved out. Crazy how time flies. So many wonderful things have happened here-birthday parties, kitchen talks, tv watching, boyfriends, dogs, you name it its happened. While we may not have been known for thowing raging parties until all hours of the night (that was apparently 1531's job) we were always here if you ever needed a quiet getaway from all your roommates. You could always come to the tranquil 2 bedroom. I have to say that I will def miss it. As much as I have hated climbing up and down those dang stairs day after day, I have truely loved this place.

Not only does this mark the last night in this apt, it also marks a time when its officially time for me to accept I am a 5th year and am starting a new chapter in my life. I had the pleasure of attending Amanda and Wes Geier's wedding last weekend and enjoy some time with all of my best friends. On the drive home I finally realized this is how it is going to be. Everyone has started the next phase of their life and I am so incredibly excited and proud of each of these girls and cannot wait to see where these roads take them. It's time. Time for life to happen. Am I ready? Nope. Do I accept it excitedly? Yes.

So ends an era. An era that I have been comfortable with for the past 4 years and it's time for me to accept what's happening and do the best I can. I have one goal for this next year: go to Cali, meet a celeb, and start working for E! asap. Doi.

1 comment:

  1. Madison! You made me sad! I am so excited that you will be here another year though! Also, I loved the comment about 1531... yes that was their job! I remember our slumber parties and the drunkens coming over trying to get us to party when we just got back from initiation! ha!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete