About Me

My photo
Being a celebrity means having the advantage. That advantage is being known by those who do not know you. I strive for this every single day.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

How to lose a guy in 10...weddings

Over Spring Break I went to two different weddings in less than 24 hours. They were in two different states and my wonderful family drove us to both despite not attending the second one. Friday I drove from Stillwater to Chickasha then my entire fam drove from Chick to Lufkin Texas. After being there for roughly 30 hours we packed up and drove to Tulsa and back to Chick on Sunday. Total time in the car = 16.5 hours, total miles driven = 1001, total number of McDonald's trips = 3. I'd say it was a pretty successful trip. Because the two weddings I attended meant more to me than any celeb wedding ever could I wanted to share with you a little bit about them.
My cousin Kim got married on March 13 in Lufkin, Texas. Her and her new hubby Drew have been together for about 9 years so it was about time they got hitched. I was so excited to be a part of their special day because Kim is the first member (besides Aunts) to get married where I was actually alive and she's also an amazing cousin. And ps she is the most chill bride ever! I walk in expecting things to be crazy and what is everyone doing? Playing words with friends. It was seriously the best thing ever. I loved that we could all just enjoy time together while we got ready and of course Kim looked AMAZING! Everything went smoothly and according to plan and I got to show off my cake cutting skills as well as program passing out skills. My favorite thing that they had at their reception was a mashed potato bar. Mashed potatoes+martini glasses+endless amount of toppings=happy Madison. They went to Belize for their honeymoon and are living in Houston now. Congrats Cousin!

Next wedding on the agenda was my little Erin Wagner. I have three littles and love them all like they really are my little sisters. Her wedding was literally the next day 23 hours after my cousins start time to start time and was at Dresser Mansion in Tulsa. I got there a few hours early because I had been in the car for 7 hours and needed to little break and some time to chill and get ready. Luckily the weather held off for Erin and Brian (who are seriously the most attractive couple ever) and they had a beautiful ceremony outside. They wrote their own vows which made me, Miss never-cries-at-anything, tear up. It was wonderful and the reception was so pretty. I had the pleasure of cutting cake once again with my other two littles and then caught the bouquet! My new goal is to catch Kali and Kelsey's at their weddings as well. Erin and Brian then went to Ireland for their honeymoon and will be living in Tulsa. Congrats little!
So after these two weddings and the countless number of save the dates on my fridge I have set a new goal for myself: Take a different date to every wedding I have for the rest of the year. Think How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days except I'm not Kate Hudson. I went by myself to these two and while I would have NEVER put a boy through 16.5 hours in the car with my family I wouldn't have minding making a boy go get my cake for me. So next wedding on the agenda in on April 17, Emily Gregory. I need to start looking for a date now and I will be blogging about each wedding as well as the date I take. I have 6 weddings from now until January 1 so that's 6 dates I have to come up with. I think I can do it. So be on the lookout b's and g's. This should be fun.

2 comments: