About Me

My photo
Being a celebrity means having the advantage. That advantage is being known by those who do not know you. I strive for this every single day.

Monday, March 29, 2010

People annoy me

So there we are, my whole fam (which only consists of 3 members besides myself) in the car on the way back from Lufkin and my dad says "I think I'm gonna start a blog," to which my brother replies "What would the title be? I hate stupid people and other things I disagree with?" That's when I realized how alike my dad and I are. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I really cannot stand idiots. People with no common sense, much less any sense at all, are just the one thing I cannot stand. My dad always makes jokes about how he doesn't know how he even has friends at all and I am the same way. I've had people tell me, "Madison, sometimes you come off as rude when you talk to people." I prefer the word truthful. Same diff.

Now to my point, I have made it a habit about once a semester to go through my friends on facebook and delete the ones I either don't know, haven't talked to in over 6 months, and my most recent qualification: have stupid married stati. When I sit down to check my facebook, I find it a quite enjoyable moment in my life. As pathetic as it sounds I really do like knowing what's going on in people's lives. This is why I joined twitter and have a subscription to 3 mags. I believe that people put things on their profiles that they want everyone to know and if they didn't want the entire cyberworld to have access to it, they shouldn't put it on there to begin with. So as I sit down with my diet coke and pretzels for my afternoon creep session, I expect to see any excited news from my friends or those I have class with. Recently however, people have apparently been under the assumption that exciting news refers to what they will be cooking for their husband's dinner, or the diet he will be going on, or what they did until they went to bed at 9 on a Saturday night. Newsflash: no one cares, especially your single friends. In case you don't know exactly what I am talking about, here are some actual examples I've taken from my "friends" stati (names will not be given in case they have senestive feelers):
  1. ______ "is sooooo excited for her hubby to get home!! I made a tasty lasagna for us and it's his favorite food! Hurry home sweetie!!!"
  2. ______ "the husband is not excited to be on the new diet I planned out for him. He doesn't realize how it will benefit us both in the long run ;)"
  3. ______ "going to take the dogs for a walk! Gotta stay in shape for my man. I love him soooooo much and knows he loves me too!!!!!!"

*sidenote: why do all these people think that more punctuation = me being more excited for them? I feel like I'm getting screamed at geez.

You wanna know what happend as soon as I read these? Deleted. Sorry I'm not gonna let you ruin something I find pleasure in just because your husband is losing weight. Do you really think that I care? Please, make your status a quote, saying, how you did on your test, plans you have for the weekend, anything but what you're husbands bathroom habits are like. I don't even care what my bathroom habits are like so please spare me the details of your hubs. My new rule is that if I read a status that has anything stupid on it I delete it. I believe that since this rule has been put into play, I've lost about 26 friends. Oh, and here's a piece of advice: If you find that we aren't friends and we used to be, do not add me again! Are you kidding me? I deleted you because you are an idiot to begin so don't make the same mistake twice.

Now don't get me wrong, I am friends with plenty of happily married couples, two of which I mentioned in my last post. But these girls are very smart. I enjoy looking at their stati and it actually keeps me informed about what is going on in their life. Just today Erin posted pics from her wedding and I loved that she posted this for everyone to see. I only believe that defriendedness should be bestowed upon those who are stupid. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, and if it does, I probably already deleted you. Sorrrrrrrrrry.

4 comments:

  1. creeped on the wedding photos (did you expect anything less?)...BREATHTAKING! also, we are OFFICIALLY friends....mostly because you used the word stati. the end :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep- i wholeheartedly agree. keep the unnecessary details in the bedroom. we already paid for your wedding present so don't feel as if you need to pay us back with TMI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to double check to make sure we were still FB friends...not that I post about my hubby, but I'm a goober sometimes. Miss you and I'm loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had this convo many times and it's still hilarious. Side note: please encourage your dad to start the blog! I would read it!

    ReplyDelete