About Me

My photo
Being a celebrity means having the advantage. That advantage is being known by those who do not know you. I strive for this every single day.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Free Weezy


Ahhh Lil Wayne, you either love him or hate him. Personally I am obsessed to an unhealthy point with him. Now as some of you may have heard he was scheduled to go to jail for a year yesterday for a 2007 gun possession but lucky for him (and his dentist) he had dental surgery for a cracked tooth and the judge ordered him to report for his sentence on March 2. Young Money just released his latest album "Rebirth" which seems to be quite fitting seeing as he is off to jail for a year. Also, it is his first rock album which I can't decide if I like or not. I will need to probably buy it and then let you know from there. Prom Queen is quite good though but let me tell you it will kill the mood at a wedding. *Personal story: At a wedding in January I attended, the DJ was terrible but I mean there was music so everyone was dancing. Like I do everytime someone else is in charge of the music I requested Got Money. The DJ kept telling me he would play it over and over until I finally got fed up and just told him anything by Lil Wayne would do. Next thing I know Prom Queen comes on and someone yells "Who requested this??" oopsies. Now back to reason your reading this* Lil Wayne does not write down any of his songs anymore. In vh1 Behind the Music he talked about how he doesn't need to write them down anymore, he just thinks of his lyrics and boom hit song. Needless to say I am expecting great things over the next year from Weezy. I expect at least one record including bonus tracks come March 2, 2011.

I feel as though it is my personal obligation to give you my top picks for Lil Wayne songs. Now, know that I am a young fan and have just came upon him within the last couple of years so don't judge my collection too harshly. I do believe that some of his best work is in collaberations so that is what I will give you.


  1. Got Money-Lil Wayne & T-Pain: This is my favorite song of all time. It is great to dance to and it never EVER gets old. Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you that once I here that snare the dancefloor better beware.

  2. Give It Up To Me-Shakira ft. Lil Wayne: Great combo of Latin and rap with some Bollywood thrown in there for fun.

  3. Forever-Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne & Eminem: Probably the best combo of the year (I'll even give credit to Kanye). They had a sick performance at the Grammy's this year and def give props to Drake who you all should look out for in the upcoming year.

  4. Turnin Me On-Keri Hilson & Lil Wayne: Great solo by Weezy. If you're talented like me you can learn it all and impress your friends.

  5. I Can Transform Ya-Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Swizz Beatz: I realize that by putting a Chris Brown song on the list I will probably be hated by some you as well as all of America from now on. I'm fine with that because this song is sick and he's bouncing back bowtie and all. However, know that I do not approve of what he did, I just think he is a talented artist. This is a discussion for another day though...back to Weezy.

  6. Let it Rock-Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne: No one had ever heard of Kevin until this song came out. It was just a little taste of the rock that Young Money would bring to us later

  7. Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)-Wyclef Jean ft. Lil Wayne & Akon: This song always makes me feel good and is another one that I am a crowd pleaser when it comes to singing all the words. Pay attention to Akon's part for my fav line: "A capricorn is everyday strugglin' "

  8. Lollipop-Lil Wayne While this song takes insinuation to the next level I put it as the final song on my list because this is the song that made me turn up my radio and recognize the man that is Wayne.

Now if this ever reaches the eyes of Weezy himself I have a few collaboration suggestions: Lil Wayne, T.I. (considering he's out of jail at the same time), T-Pain, Drake and Justin Timberlake with back up vocals by Lil Jon. How sick would that be? Omg I can't even think about how many weeks that would be at #1 on the billboards. Also, Lady GaGa and Lil Wayne. Again this would be beyond magical. So if you're listening somewhere out there, please Lil Wayne, all I ask is that you come up with some great music while you're doing your time. Be on your best behavior so you get out early. And if anyone gives you trouble, you can transform them from human to a Carter. Holler.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts:
    1- I'm sorry but Got Money does get a little old BUT you know what never gets old? Seeing how happy it makes you. LOL. and for that I will always request it for you and play it in the car.

    4-You inspired me to listen to that song right now. I love it. Keri is so hot.

    5-F controversy this song is awesome.

    6-This song makes me want to be back in 9th grade rocking out in a mosh pit. Yep.

    8- Can't deny it. Love it.

    ReplyDelete