About Me

My photo
Being a celebrity means having the advantage. That advantage is being known by those who do not know you. I strive for this every single day.

Monday, February 15, 2010


Well b's and g's I'm back. I took a little break over the weekend 1. because I wasn't feeling quite up to par and 2. because I was a tad too busy. But I'm back now and back to pondering what the world would need me to inform them of. It seems like lately the celeb world is kinda low on good gossip which for people in my business is not good. I'm crossing my fingers for E! News to be good tonight. Stayed tuned later this week for famous celebs and what's going on in their lives. Today, however, is about the 2010 Winter Olympics. If you are like me the winter olympics are just a mile marker on the road to the summer olympics signifying that there are only 2 more years left until we get to see Michael Phelps back in his speedo taking home the gold. I would please like someone to explain to me why we even have the winter olympics. I understand that hockey and figure skating need their time to shine but come on, were the X Games not just like 2 weeks ago? I see no difference between the X Games and the Winter Games other than the fact that Sal Masikela is back to hosting the Daily 10 everyday instead of covering who can jump the highest off a mountain.


Hmmm....let me see, how many athletes can I name that are participating in these games: Apollo Anton Ohno and Shaun White. Ok done. There is no draw to watch. Would I rather watch cross country skiing or watch tv with the power off? Oh, I really didn't know there was a difference. At least when you're watching track or swimming there is some excitement! You can walk into any college house during the summer games and everyone is sitting on the couch screaming at the tv for Michael to win his 6th gold but during the winter games, if they are on at all, there is no one on the couch to watch them. I understand it would be a little tough for there to be a race with more than one guy in luging considering the fact they are on a track made completely of ice on nothing more than a cookie sheet (what genius came up with that idea?) but at least it would get people to watch. And what is up with curling anyway? It's like two guys were sitting on a frozen lake one day and one (probably the smart one) turns to the other one and says "Dude, wouldn't it be sick if we used teapots and slid them across the ice and whoever's goes the furthest wins?" Dude respondes with, "That would be sick, let's do it" and boom, curling. Personally I would rather listen to white noise than watch curling. Over it.


Here is what I suggest that the Olympic committee do: Only have the summer games but have them every 3 years instead of every 4. Cut out archery and speed walking and replace them with hockey and figure skating both of which can be done indoors in the heat of summer. For all those other "sports" everyone can feel free to watch the X Games the month before, which might I mention, take place every single year. If the committee does not agree to my new plan the least they could do is start showing the sports that everyone actually wants to watch on ESPN all year and at convenient times. No FoxSports I do not stay up until 3 am to catch an hour of the 3-day-long swimming world championships but thanks for trying. Give the people what they want and if you argue that they already are then you might as well go ahead and ask Taylor Swift to sing the National Anthem at every winter opening ceremony because they are going downhill every 4 years, just like her singing career will be.

1 comment:

  1. OK I'm gonna have to defend the Winter Games here because A. I secretly want to have Shaun White's ginger babies and live in a cabin in the mountains someday and B. I used to pretend dance around the living room like I was an ice skater with my sister.
    That said, I usually can't sit for more than 30 minutes and watch the Olympics, unless it's ice skating, so I understand what you're saying. Celebs need to get it together and have some more love children, love triangles or cheating going on.

    ReplyDelete